Included with your engine purchase, your engines are thoroughly tested for your assurance by the best engine staff in the business:
- You get meticulous inspection, preparation, and attention to detail on every engine part prior to assembly and onsite dynamometer testing. We reject a lot of parts other engine builders would use because they don’t meet our exacting standards for reliability.
- Your engine is properly broke in. We take the engine, cams, and parts through a proper break-in period so you know its done right for you by our engine professionals.
- You get the actual advertised horsepower you expect and paid for. We verify Power and Torque. We make our advertised horsepower.
- Verify Engine Calibration and Performance so your engine is dialed in and ready to run.
- Ensure Leak Free. Nobody like surprises, so we test everything so you can depend on your engines.
- Adjusted and Fine Tuned. One last tweak in our continued attention to detail to give you the reliable engines you expect. They don’t say Sterling Performance for nothing.
- All our Sterling Performance engines are recorded and tracked to ensure they are the real-deal. We document our engines to verify authenticity and ensure no posers or hoax engines attempt to pass themselves off as the real leader. You can’t fake a Sterling Performance engine. There are no short cuts to being the best.
Sterling Performance provides engine dynamometer testing for engines up to 2,000 HP and 2,000 ft/lb Torque.
Engine Dynamometer Testing
At Sterling Performance, in addition to testing all our race engines, we are able to dyno test most automotive engines. Our dynamometers can be spun to 10,000 rpm and will load engines of 0 – 2,000 HP. We could set up and test any type of engine in this range.
The dyno facilities offer (2) Super Flow SF7100 dynamometers with super flow data acquisition, and a third Froude G-490 for special studies.
Engine Assembly, Research and Development
We can assemble and dyno test your engine. The ability to do very detailed engine dynamometer testing means Sterling Performance can also conduct unlimited engine development programs.
Complete Engine Development and Analysis:
- Sweep tests
- Constant wide open operation
- Step tests
- Air / fuel ratio testing with Horiba instrumentation
- Valve train studies
- Cylinder head manifold flow bench
- Frictional analysis testing
- Crankshaft torsional vibration testing
- Magnetic crack detection
Sterling also has the capability of performing engine crankshaft torsinal vibration testing with an in house Scientific Atlantic Dynamic Signal Analyzer. We can acquire data peculiar to a particular engine combination and a purpose build harmonic dampers to best suit the engines application.
Tests are performed while recording engine operating characteristics such as:
Horsepower (HP), friction horsepower, RPM, acceleration and deceleration inertia, torque, volumetric efficiency, fuel consumption / fuel flow, air consumption / air flow, air / fuel ratios, brake specifics, engine oil pressure, engine oil temperature, water and fuel pressures, engine manifold pressure, inlet air temperature, individual cylinder combustion temperatures, exhaust gas temperatures, engine water temperature, etc.